Penni M. Pier, coordinator
The women’s studies minor is interdisciplinary. It focuses on gender as a significant variable in scholarly inquiry and in understanding the experiences of women and men in various social, historical, and cultural settings.
- To introduce historical and contemporary constructions of gender.
- To develop an interdisciplinary perspective on issues related to gender.
- To explore the influence of feminist analysis and practice.
- To examine and analyze women’s contributions in the arts, religion, science, and society.
- To analyze the interrelationship of race, ethnicity, class, multicultural contexts, and gender.